Thursday, April 9, 2009

Naked Dream - November, 1996

stripped ... exposed ...
clothes lying scattered
shamed ...
private parts, dark zones
uncovered ... humiliated
an object observed
sy soul-less eyes

bared
are the shadows
needs, desires
fears and needs again
... inadequate ...

judged ...
a betrayer
for abandonment of "other"
the sentence ...
banishment from community
isolation
confinement in solitude

- - - - - - - -

This poem is a direct response to Aldo Carotenuto's book, Eros and Pathos. What struck me the most when finishing the book was the sense of isolation and the knowledge that I was faced with choices. What to risk? What would I gain? What would I lose? I knew that loss was to occur regardless of the choices I would make. However, I also knew that to avoid making choices would result in the greatest losses.

No comments: