Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Rebirth - Ecce Homo - 1968

windows with walls
shadows in light
encourage superstition
day bends into night
emotions are feelings
some running, some kneeling

rivers of segregation
soon flow into one
semites become christians
black and white are gone
all become a common man
as mountains turn into sand

rise up with curiousity
disregard an uneventful fate
thirst with a hunger
which only knowledge can sate
when the peasant dies
superman will rise

- - - - - - -

Part of my discoveries during this stage of my life, was the work of Nietzsche. Thus Spoke Zarathustra became the central piece of my wandering around the world of philosophers such as Kant, Schopenhauer, Liebiz, Spinoza and others. For my final high school English paper I wrote a sizable treatise on existentialism trying to use as many big words as I could, not so much for mark, but to show that I was different from the others. I had depth, substance. I wasn't a peasant. However, a lifetime has passed since those days of idealistic fervour and I have discovered that I am a common man.

No comments: